Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good Deeds

If you do a good deed, and then an event happens, which results in negating that good deed – does it count?

 

I was in the grocery store last night, it was about 10:15 (yes, I was grocery shopping at 10:15 PM), had just gotten into the 1 open line, when 2 guys came up behind me with a 6-pack and a bottle of wine.  Since I had a full cart of groceries, I was nice, and asked if they would like to go before me, since they had 2 items.  They graciously accepted, and we went back to waiting for the 2 other people to make it through the line.  At this time, another lady had pushed her cart up behind mine.  The supervisor on duty at that time made the call to open another line.  The new cashier looked at me and said “Ma’am, I can take you here”  So I went over to that line.  Now, I am much farther ahead than the two guys I let go in front of me, but not because I was trying to be rude.

 

Oh well – at the same point, the two guys got done paying about the same time as I did….

 

And if anyone would like to go and hide under the covers until the world straightens itself out – I’d be more than happy for the company.  There have been way too many deaths and illnesses in the past week.

No comments: